Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Very pretty!

Nut Up or Shut Up Brown Ale...in a PBR glass.
The brown ale I bottled earlier this month is pretty tasty, but I am also very impressed on how nice a head it has!  This is one 12oz bottle in a pint glass.

When I brew, I don't usually just throw out the last bit that won't fit into a full 12oz bottle.  I always bottle this amount too with the idea that I will try it after a couple days before it has time to oxidize or spoil in any way.  I tried the Belboh last night that I had bottled just recently.  It was already lightly carbonated.  I really enjoyed the hop flavor that seemed to pervade the beer well.  It wasn't overly bitter, but this was my first batch since I started brewing again that I dropped in late-boil hops.

I had been using hops for bitterness, then dry-hopping, but putting some hops in the last 10-20 minutes of the boil really does fantastic things to your beer!  I won't brew without some finishing and dry hops from this point forward.

No comments: