Tuesday, November 29, 2011

This is for that one special person...

Usually, I don't think of you.  When I do, it doesn't last long because it's painful.  You have accused me of many things, and even though you did not use my name, it still hurts.  And all this because I did not kowtow to you last time we met and rush right over to give you a hug?  I'm sorry, but I don't worship fellow human beings.  You acted like a queen who homage must be paid to.  I'm not into that.  


You didn't ask or care that I had been driving a while with a car full of kids, who were arguing, plus people trying to give me conflicting directions.  You didn't care that minutes before I got so frustrated I said "hell with it" and let someone else drive.  You didn't care that I had then fallen asleep on the way over and was just waking up and still groggy.


Then, when you wanted your precious display of affection, and I was awake, recovered, and I finally found a moment when you didn't have a cancer-stick hanging out of your mouth--you snubbed me with "how about a hand shake...".  You call me an asshat and that's fine.  I don't care.


You say I am a rude person who only visited when it was my advantage to do so.  That is complete BS.  The reason I know is because you made it so uncomfortable to come over and visit the ex-father-in-law who I looked up to, admired, and thought of as a father that I just didn't come visit.  You were the one who I tried to be pleasant to, and you returned that by being mean and snide.  You were the one who said bad things about my daughter and said "she's going to be just like her mother and grandmother."  You were the one who made such an issue over money and made me feel so uncomfortable that I had  to fight and argue with my ex-father-in-law when I wanted to pay my bill at restaurants.


You call me insensitive and tell everyone I am the "asshat took my very fine blog and did what he does best: ruin things for everyone while yelling 'karma will get them!'."  I really appreciate the technical credit you've given me.  Perhaps I should put it on my resume "able to hack into Google accounts", but I won't do that.  Why?  Because I don't know how!


I'm happy for you that you're living a wonderful and stress free life down in Florida. But if you're so contented with your life, why do you keep bringing me up in your blog?  I check in once every three months or so, just to see what new nasty thing you're saying.  Do you notice (this sole example being the exception) that I don't mention anything about you?  It's because I don't think of you ever.  I miss my ex-dad, but thanks to you, I have had to write him off as a loss.  Hell, if he's happy in Florida and doesn't need me in his life then I guess that's what I should do anyway.  I very much want him to be happy, even if that means I still can't have any sort of relationship with him.  I continue to focus on the people around me who are good, and have the ability to care, forgive, and love.  I see you hate the word "Karma" so we'll just boil it down to this:  I am going to worry about myself, my family and my loved ones and concern myself as little as possible about you and ex-dad.  I hope he'll be happy, and if that means you being happy too, well then I hope you're happy as well.


With that said, please make the recent cards and phone calls the last contact you have with my children.  I do not feel that I can trust you to keep your snide remarks and crappy attitude toward me and the other people who love them to yourself.  Kids are hard enough to raise without bad influences, which at this point, you most definitely are.  I hate to apply this ban to ex-dad also, but I truly believe he would do anything for you.  That would be admirable to most people, but it pains me to say it is not to me.  I told my daughter the other night when we were having an argument that she and I will always be there for each other.  Even though I was mad as hell at her for a minute, I made sure she knew that I would always, unconditionally love her and that I would never turn my back on her as her grandpa did to his daughter.  I understand there are reasons that I might not be old enough to understand and that not having been through that experience, I cannot judge, so I will not.  I can only say that I love him, but I can not at this point in my life ever conceive of a reason why a parent could turn their back on their child.


Try us back when the kids are over 18 years old.  By then, hopefully, they will be able to judge you by the content of your character.  I know their mother and I do not speak badly of you, but a lot of times, you really make me want to.  I don't though, because I think "what kind of parent would I be to them if I did that?"  Whyn't you try to learn that lesson?  


My wonderful fiancee (you know the one you say is a person like that is in charge of manners and kindness) has some really great parents and step-parents who will be good examples for the kids.  I know they need to have that in order to grow up and understand how families are supposed to be, and with my parents having passed away before they were old enough to remember them much--I am so thankful for her wonderful family.  So don't worry about not being around.  I will make polite and evasive excuses for you so they don't think bad about you.  The pressure is off you there.  Have a nice life.


Note: stuff in red is quoted from you.  I guess you'll go change your wonderful popular amazing blog now.  You know--the one you made after I hacked the old one.  Sheesh.  

No comments: