Monday, May 15, 2017

Rocketbook Everlast Review

I was a previous backer of the Rocketbook Wave.  When I saw the KS for the Rocketbook Everlast, I scanned the page, glanced at the video, and thought to myself  "Cool, they've improved the cover for the Rocketbook so it doesn't wear as quickly."  I'm a big fan of the Wave and the Waves that I previously owned had a couple issues.  The covers had a tendency to wear after a while--not to affect the functionality, but left me sort of wishing that I had found a cover or something so it didn't look bad.  But then I thought--that probably wouldn't nuke very well...  
Rocketbook Wave--with a little wear on the cover

 The other issue I had was--after several uses, the pen indentions from regular use.  I don't press down super hard, but not overly soft either, hence you could always sort of see the previous notes and drawings--ever so slightly.  Again not really affecting the functionality, but kinda annoying.

Showing some ghosting from previous notes
I just received my Everlast this weekend.  I was very disappointed when I unwrapped it to see that the Rocketbook was significantly thinner and had what seemed to be a third of the sheets that my original Rocketbook had.  I did not really follow this Kickstarter as closely as I should have and I actually began taking notes in it at work today.  There's not a gram of paper in this friggin' thing, is there?  I just went to this page and found that not only is it NOT paper, that the dang thing will erase with water OR mild heat (such as the heat produced by friction from the Frixion pens).  I'm glad I read the KS page before nuking my Everlast!

Well, that answers the question about why so few sheets.  Won't need them!  So far, Rocketbook Wave and especially the Rocketbook Everlast are great products!

No comments: